Take a look at these expert tips for handgun hunting. Make sure you’re prepared!
- Define your needs carefully.
- Keep your choice of weapon type, caliber and ammunition simple and focused on the kind of game you’ll be hunting.
- Practice getting your weapon into action quickly and hitting targets in all kind of light conditions until it becomes second-nature.
- Study the anatomy of the game you’re hunting. Know the best shot angles and the maximum ranges at which you can expect good results.
- Remember that service pistols aren’t as powerful as the magnums, so you’ll have to get closer to your intended target.
Story & Photos by Chuck Taylor